June 5, 2010

Revamped jeans + a solution for overly skinny jeans

These first pair of jeans were straight legged. I decided to turn them into skinny jeans. What you really want to be aware of though when you turn your jeans into skinny jeans is if the denim is stretchy. Mine weren't and I ended up making them a little too skinny, the knees were the worst part, so i took rectangular pieces of denim from some scraps, cut slits in the knees, sewed around the slits, and hand sewed the rectangles on, like patches, but they gave my grateful knees more room. The tears also ended up looking kind of cool too.
My hand is poofing it out.

Next is just an old pair of jeans i paint splattered with acrylic paint and a bleach pen, i know acrylic isn't the best but it's what i had. I wish this picture displayed it better (my camera is kind of crappy), but i used lime green, black and silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment